APICS Greater Detroit is proud to have the following Student Chapter affiliated with our chapter.
APICS Student Chapter Eastern Michigan University
The Student Chapter Management Program is designed as a management tool for student chapters that are seeking to improve their processes, products, and services. It encourages the operation of a well-managed chapter that is properly balanced and effective in meeting its student member needs.
Chapter management requires attention to five categories: administration, education, programs, membership, and public relations. Activities within each category provide educational opportunities and enhance a chapter's capabilities.
The second half of the program is designed to provide recognition for the chapters efforts. While participation in the recognition portion of the program is optional, it is strongly encouraged by APICS, districts, and chapters. Records show that participating student chapters have a strong membership base and significant support from their professional (parent) chapter and faculty advisor(s).
Participation in this program requires evidence of performance of measurable tasks in the five chapter management categories. The evaluation conducted by the Professional (parent) chapter enhances its relationship with the student chapter while the resulting documentation creates a roadmap for faculty advisors and future student chapter leaders.
The APICS Student Chapter Eastern Michigan University is doing great things! Learn more about their efforts and events on their website!
NEW IN 2020
Become an APICS Greater Detroit Student Ambassador!
What is the role of a Student Ambassador (SA)?
- The SA will inform fellow students about benefits, resources, opportunities for professional and personal development that APICS offers
- Help students register as APICS members through ascm.org
- Encourage students to participate in networking events, local Professional Development Meetings (PDM), tours, special student events etc.
- Help students connect with the Board Members in charge to support their educational and professional needs (mentoring, resume reviews, internships, etc.)
- Assist in organizing local student events with APICS professional members at the university/college
- Encourage participation in a student case competition and help to organize a team
- Submit reports to Board of Directors once a quarter
Requirements to be considered as a Student Ambassador:
- In good academic standing
- Pursuing / Interested in pursuing career opportunities in Supply Chain Management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Driven, determined and self-motivated
- Attend a minimum of 50% of APICS PDM/Tour events annually
- Be an APICS student member (Registered prior to SA application, its FREE!)
- Meet with the SA Board monthly. (In person or Virtual)
Why become a Student Ambassador?
- All the benefits of student APICS member
- Special mentorship program with APICS Greater Detroit Board of Directors (BOD) Member
- Official status of Student Ambassador (great resume-building position)
- Special SA package (backpack with portfolio, materials and promo items)
- Book on supply chain/personal development
- Special discounts on certification courses (CSCP, CPIM, CLTD)
- Free PDM attendance
- Business cards